-

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Final Blog


I am going to talk about all of the work I have done in this class throughout the year and how good I think they are. In all of my blogs and other projects, I tried to write as much as I could without repeated things and keeping the post interesting. I think that the content of all of my post were rather well, but his could just be my biased opinion. A good example of this is My Lord of the Rings post; this post was rather long, had a lot of content spread about it and covered all that was supposed to be covered. A few of my posts held a few mistakes, but not so much that it would be horrible. But because that we had a lot of interesting things to write about, the quality of my work was pretty good. Whenever I’m writing about something that greatly interests me, I try to do my absolute best. And this showed in a few of my works I think.

In the media communication class I have learned a lot about some interesting topics. The main goal of this class was to study how the media affects society. We did many projects and watched many films to do this. I learned a lot things I previously didn’t know do the things we studied. A great example of this was the lat movie we watched, which as Food Inc.. By watching this, I learned a ‘lot’ of things that I couldn’t even imagine. The knowledge I gained from this movie was quite valuable to, so I think the goal was accomplished. I also learned how the media directly affects society. The best example for this was the Merchants of Cool. In this short film I learned how the media seek to find out what teenagers think is cool, so they can make the products and other thing to make money.

The most interesting thing I learned in this class would probably be the parallel between epic films. I learned things that should have been rather obvious, by comparing separate films. I found it really cool how many epic films share a similar outline of there stories, characters, symbols, and themes. The task was to compare and epic film or films with the Lord of the Rings trilogy. For my project, I picked the Star Wars movies. I researched the qualities of the two movie trilogies, and found that a lot of the outline was alike. There is a hero, there is an epic task that has to be completed, there is an epic conflict through the plots, and there are sub-heroes. There is a lot of other things that they share, but doing that would take up a lot of space and I have to get onto other things. I was also most engaged in learning about the epic films parallel. I have always enjoyed watching series of film, and seeing deeper into them than normal. Because of this, I found It really interesting and fun to compare and pick apart he films we watched.

The thing that I was most distanced from and uninterested in were the vlogs. I don’t know what it is, but I really detest being on a camera and talking to the public basically. Whenever I had to do a vlog I got extremely nervous, and jittery. The idea of basically posting my self for everyone to see made me feel really uncomfortable.

For future classes, I think that some things should be added. I think that the class should contain more material on how the media directly influences society, like the Merchants of Cool and You Tube anthropology. I found these kinds of things really cool and enjoyable. I also think that future classes would enjoy this also.

Honestly, that’s all I really ha e to say. I didn’t really dislike anything, except vlogs, from this class. I don’t think that anything has to or should be changed for the class to remain interesting. Well, this is my last blog for the year, so see ya.

0 comments: